2014 PLAYER DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (PDO)
AYSO Region 42 would like to welcome our new PDOs for this season: Darrin Simpson and James Allison. Darrin and James are from UK International Soccer Camps (UKISC) and will be working with Region 42’s coaches, helping to provide high quality, age-appropriate coaching sessions throughout the Fall Soccer Season.
WHAT IS THE PDO PROGRAM?
AYSO Region 42, in partnership with UKISC, provides professional soccer trainers who work alongside the volunteer coaches to provide guidance and support throughout our 2014 Fall Season. The most common way that the PDOs will assist coaches is by conducting practice sessions and assisting them to deliver a session in a particular theme chosen by the coach. Support will also be provided through Coaching Clinics, Player Clinics, Match Analysis, e-mail correspondence, and through UKISC’s custom designed online curriculum. So whether you are a very experienced coach looking for some new ideas or a brand new coach who doesn’t know where to start, the PDO can help.
HOW DO COACHES FIND OUT ABOUT CLINICS, ETC?
Keep your eyes on your email! Darrin and James will be sending regular updates to your inbox this Fall to keep you up to date with the PDO Program.
In addition, regularly check back here, for all information updates.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A PRACTICE WITH THE PDO?
Remember there are around 150 coaches, so there will be more than one coach looking for your time, so be sure to send a few options so that they can fit you in somewhere. You may have to divert from your usual training time and day so please be flexible with that.
- The PDOs will be in one location, Sequoia Middle School, Field ‘A’. You must arrange to bring your team to them. Only in very special circumstances will a PDO travel to another field.
- U5 and U6 teams cannot book a session with the PDOs as they do not have a “Practice Session” in the same way as the other teams do.
- You can only book a practice session during the week, not on weekends.
- Practice sessions will be limited to one hour long unless with a U14, U16 or U19 team, or in special circumstances.
- Please make your requests at least two to three days in advance to allow time for the PDOs to respond.
- Please remember that in case of a scheduling conflict, younger age division teams will be given priority. A U10 team will have scheduling priority over a U16 or U19 team.
- Please include in your request what soccer topics you would like the PDO to cover.
- Initially every coach can make two bookings per team.
- In the event that you need to cancel a session at the last minute, the PDO’s phone number is 818-297-6702. Please do NOT call to schedule a session, e-mail them instead.
CAN I BOOK A PRACTICE NOW?
YES! Every Coach from U7 upwards can e-mail asking for two appointments straight away. In order to ensure every team gets equal opportunity to book a session with the PDO, it will initially be limited to two sessions per team. When e-mailing, please include two dates (plus some back up dates) & they will get your team scheduled right away for two sessions! If you coach more than one team you are entitiled to two sessions per team.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO LOOK AT THE PDO CALENDAR FIRST TO SEE IF YOUR DESIRED DAY/TIME IS AVAILABLE.
Please make use of our PDO’s this season. You and your players will be glad you did!